Connecting to ADAVIS
Installing and configuring the X2go client
You will need to install and setup the x2go client.
- install x2go if not a UEA machine
- If outside the UEA network you will need to connect to the vpn first
- start the x2go client
- create a new session from Session menu
- in the Host field enter : adavis.uea.ac.uk
- in the Login Field enter : your username
- on windows and mac macines in the Session Type make sure XFCE is selected
- on linux machines in the Session Type make sure Common Desktop is selected, and startxfce is in the command box
- click OK
You can edit the ada icon you have created by clicking on the 3 blue bars in the bottom right corner.